The vision of the Financial Literacy Committee is to place EBTN – as an association of professional training providers for the financial services sector and therefore by its nature competent to contribute in efforts to upgrade the financial literacy of citizens through financial education – among established European and international bodies involved in this field.
The committee is composed of the following EBTN representatives:
- Dr. Sladjana Sredojevic (Committee Chair), Head of Training Centre Association of Serbian Banks (Serbia)
- Ms. Rita Maria Machado The Portuguese Banking Training Institute (Portugal)
- Mr. Josep Soler-AlbertÃ, Chief Executive IEF-Institut d’Estudis Financers (Spain)
- Ms. Alessia Spatafora Effebi Association (Italy)
- Mr. Bechara J. Khachan, Director of the Human Resources Development Association of Banks in Lebanon (Lebanon) â€“ on behalf of the EBTN Associate Members.
For the reason of inter-committee cooperation, affiliated members are:
- Mrs. Sophia Ziakou, Hellenic Bank Institute Hellenic Bank Association (Greece) â€“ Chair of the EBTN Triple E Committee
- Mrs Viljenka Markic Simoneti, Head of Bank Training Center Bank Association of Slovenia (Slovenia) â€“ Chair of EBTN Triple E EFCB Committee.
In line with its Terms of Reference, the committee supports ETBN members in exchange of good practice, and contribute to the EBTN activity in the international sphere in the field.
EBTN is one of the Founders of the European Platform for Financial Education, together with European Banking Federation and other organizations. EBTN is Affiliated Member of the OECD International Network on Financial Education and supporter of the European Money Week.